What happened to the warm weather?!?
Sigh, it’s okay.
Hey all, hope you’re having a productive Tuesday. It is, yes, just a Tuesday.
Good day at work so far, and now I’m in my macroeconomics class. I’m paying attention, I promise.
Found a great PR internship posted yesterday that I plan on applying to by the end of the day. It is for a new product/company called Soft Cities that manufactures maps, on fabric! Blankets, napkins, etc. It’s still a new company, and I am eager to get an opportunity to help out this new company.
Sure, I could be applying to a bigger company, but from the description, it sounds like I will be able to get hands-on, learn a lot, and get great perks and insight into the world of PR and marketing. Wish me luck!
I’ve been thinking lately that I would like to work more on my creative writing, and the way I could do this is by doing the Daily Prompt from WordPress more often… I did a few posts earlier in my blogging career, but I should get back into it. Do you have any tips for sticking with a routine? That is one problem I have, sticking with something and not getting bored with it. I know the answer is simple: just do it. But, it’s hard to stay motivated. I guess I have to just push, push, push and think of the benefits that will come in the future, and the satisfaction I will have from writing and reading more.
Continuing the diet cleanse I am in, today I had a banana and a parfait. Yumm! Perfect amount, I dunno what I was thinking needing a ham & cheese croissant so often…
For lunch I bought a burrito. Okay okay a little cheating! I told myself no tortillas, but I was in a hurry. I need to spend more time packing food and cooking at home. But I got a spinach flavored tortilla with black beans, grilled veggies, hot salsa, lettuce, and grilled chicken. Yum! And I saved half of it for later. Also had an orange. And I’m full. Happily.
Will have the rest of the burrito later, and a small salad and hard boiled egg for dinner after my cardio kickboxing class tonight.
Here’s some cool things I found on the internet today:
- Awesome GQ spread with hunky baseball players. I love you Barry Zito and Buster Posey <3 And darn you Chase Headley for being semi-ultra-hunky and playing for a different team.
- Fun show in NYC – TNGHT + Disclosure + Julio Bashmore. @ The Bowery. That’ll be a good one to see.
- More music: Hard Summer lineup has been announced! In LA, in August. Pretty great lineup, I’m thinking of going just Saturday and visiting friends & family on Sunday. You in?
- Great, sweet, darling interview with Lily Aldridge on Refinery29.
- If you’re in San Jose this Friday, head out to the Play House. Great fun grooves going on!
And my favorite GIF of the day: